Friday, August 29, 2014

Epic Camp D10 - Lake Louise

7am - run to lake - icy swim - can't feel frozen brick feet on run back.  Mental prep for cold wet ride, castigate myself for leaving my good winter gear at home.  Coldest, most miserable I have ever been on a bike, coming down off the 1st KOM from 6,000 feet a long fing way.  Close to chucking the bike in the U-Haul and climbing in the van at the half way rest stop.  Spent ten minutes in the restroom under the hand dryers trying to get warm, which only made it colder when I stepped back outside.  Right.  Decided to get the fing ride done.  Rode hard to stay warm.  Made it into Lake Louise and sunshine.  Hot shower.  Pre-dinner snack of poutine and IPA.  Quick trip to the local sports shop:  leg warmers, booties, proper gloves, proper smartwool socks.  Caught up with my better half.  Proper dinner.  Ice cream run.  We can sleep in tomorrow.

Sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment