Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Met two legends

So I arrived into Epic Camp one day early.  Had the good fortune to dine on some fine Indian cuisine with the Terminator Scott Molina and my fellow camper Lou DiGiuseppe.  Lou has done thirty-nine IronMans going back to the 80s.  He and Molina were just dishing all night on past races and racers.  Lou is a walking historian.  Newsom should get him on the Legends podcast, or at the very least, pick his brain.  On the walk over to the pool for a "prologue" swim, he rattled off at least 5 now defunct races that I've never heard of, and I've listened to just about all the pods.

At any rate, funny true story.  So, I'm just listenin', in awe.  I finally break in, "So, Scott, when you're not training and reading Slowtwitch, what do you get up to?"

Molina:  (pause)  Um, besides eating and sleeping?  (pause)  Coaching?  Well, I don't coach as much as I used to.

Lou is a veteran Epic Camper and is kindly sharing all manner of hard-earned wisdom.  Ease into it, see how the body reacts, let the big dogs bury themselves, then start tacking on later.

Legends.

No comments:

Post a Comment